Sunday 28 July 2013

Girly Birthday Hamper

July is an expensive month for me. Why is it that all important birthdays insist on falling around the same time? I have my own, my mums, my best friends, my best friends mum, my other friends sister... I could go on...I won't.

I'm realising that as much as I'd like to lavish my friends with gifts, I'm only 23 and I'm not earning a huge amount when you deduct rent, council tax and all those other nasty bills. But I can never scrimp when it comes to birthdays. The resolution this year? Make it look more expensive then it is! (I relied hugely on the idea that it's the thought that counts!) 

My own birthday was last week, and so I had several wrappings, tissue paper and boxes lying around. I started with a normal cardboard box, cut the top flaps off and wrapped it in some pink dotty flower wrap that strangely enough, my friend who I made this for, gave me wrapped around my birthday flowers last week! 



It's all well and good having a pretty box, but I needed something to fill it! I'm a big ambassador for Pound Shops, I think they supply a great range of products at basement prices, and if you look properly you can find some really nice small gifts/stocking fillers!


She's a very pink princess type of girl as you'll see from the picture below, she adores Hello Kitty! I grabbed everything pink and tried to make sure there was some sort of theme to the hamper, in this case it was a girls night in. I picked up everything in this hamper really cheaply from Poundland/Primark/Marks & Spencers and Superdrug. I then went on to Hobby Craft to pick up some clear cellophane for £3.99, a helium balloon for £2.49 + £0.59 for the helium, ribbon and the weight. I also grabbed some pink ribbon and some extra pink tissue paper for decoration.



I organised everything as neatly as possible, sprinkling small Love Heart sweet packets in for decoration and then cellophane wrapped the top of the box, bunching the top together and wrapping with ribbon. 




Finally, I attached the balloon.



The verdict? She loved it! She took it home in tact to be able to show her mum (girls!). I spent under £25  and she's received a memorable present which was tailored to her tastes. I'll be using the left over cellophane and ribbon for other small gifts and hampers. 



Peace & Love

xXx




No comments:

Post a Comment